Accessories for smart transformers - eDevices
Buchholz relays for smart transformers
Leakage current, arcing, flashovers, loss of insulating liquid, or excessively high flow rates can generate gas inside the transformer oil and affect the transformer performance.
Assure reliable and safe operation of the transformer and a power supply network.
Choose our Buchholz relay type eBR, an evolution of our conventional Buchholz relays. It continuously monitors gas accumulation and oil flow to the conservator from the remote. You will get a reliable product designed to discharge the accumulated gas and detect unexpected oil flow speed and avoid transformer shut down.
The Buchholz relay is equipped with a digital interface for easy connection to smart grid applications and can be integrated into a system through a central control unit. It is compatible with our complete eDevice family and can be connected also with third party devices.
Contact us and get support with the product selection.
- Continuous online monitoring at any time and from the remote
- Proven technology designed to identify the trip cause immediately enabling the end-user informed decision making
- Compatibility with other eDevices, and third-party accessories enables the end-user a controlled and gradual digitalization of the transformer and remote asset health monitoring
- Liquid-filled transformers with or without rubber bag
- Transformer conservator
- Transformer tank
- Suitable for new installations and retrofits
- Suitable for offshore environment
- Suitable for tropical climates
Gas sampling device
Technical data at a glance
|Housing and upper part incl. terminal box material||Aluminum casting, RAL 7032, powder coated, Offshore model on request (surface tratment, not painted)|
|Installation||Indoors and outdoors, tropical proof|
|Nominal pipe diameter||DN80|
|Inspection glass||Tempered glass with UV filter|
|Oil temperatire||From -40 °C to +115 °C|
|Ambient temperature||From -40 °C to +80 °C|
Arctic version on demand
|Switches||Up to 4|
|Max. nominal current||2A|
|Min.switching current||10mA/24 V dc|
|Rated insulation voltage||2.5 kV ac 1 min between contacts and earth, 1.0 kV ac 1 min between open contacts|
|Insulation resistance||1000 MΩ/500 V dc|
|Flap triggering oil flow||from 1.0 m/s to 23.0 m/s (each ±15%)|
|Cable gland||2 M25 x 1.5|
|Degree of protection||IP65 in accordance with EN60529 (IP66 available upon request)|
|Rated voltage||24 V dc ±10% polarized|
|Current consumption||Max 0.5 W|
|Analog output||4-20 mA|
|Digital output||MODBUS RTU|